Friday, November 18, 2011

Irreplaceable, you're not...

Recently, in my quiet time I was reminded of this song and the complete relevance of it to our call as a Christian. Have you ever had those moments that God was telling you to do something, and you knew it was God, because it was absolutely impossible to do it on your own, and it was in line with His character to ask this of you, and you were like, “Shoot!!! Ummmm, awwww, do you really mean me? I mean, do you mean like do it or DO IT?’ I mean I’m just saying, fa real God?” Trying to bargain with God to get out of our assignment, because it doesn’t fit in what we think is our comfort zone. I will admit that I have! To quote one of my favorite movies: AS IF!!! There is no way that my mediocre mind or thoughts could ever imagine what God has in store for me. By even trying, I’m limiting Him in the amazing blessings that He has in store for me, on the other side of the Mountain.
So, back to the devotional: This song correlates with this situation very closely. In the song, Beyonce is fed-up. She’s tired of him coming and going as he pleases, and having no respect for everything she has done for me. It’s time for her to move on, without him, and she is confident he will miss her, before she misses him. I think you can use your spiritual eyes to see where I’m taking this. Let’s dissect the song according to scripture:

TO THE LEFT:
Genesis 13:9 Is not the whole land before you? Let’s part company. If you go to the left, I will go to the right- if you go to the right, I will go to the left.

Background: Abraham and Lot’s people were arguing about territory so Abraham decided that it was best that they part ways. He gave Lot his choice- surprisingly (or is it) Lot chose the area of Sodom and Gomorrah. And we all know what happened there.

IN THE CLOSET THAT’S MY STUFF-
Psalm 50: 9-11 I have no need of a bull from your stall or of goats from your pens, for every animal of the forest is mine, and the cattle on a thousand hills. I know every bird in the mountains, and the creatures of the field are mine.

1 Corinthians 10:26, Psalm 24:1 The earth is the Lord’s and the fullness thereof…

Basically, everything is his! Everything was created by Him, through Him and for His use.

IF I BOUGHT IT PLEASE DON’T TOUCH:
1 Corinthians 6:19-20 Do you not know…you are not your own, you were bought at a price.

1 Chronicles 16:22, Psalm 105:15 Touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm

Genesis 3:3 but God did say, 'You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.' "

God is very specific about what is his! He makes no apologies for killing those that touched the Ark of the Covenant, or didn’t give an idle threat to Adam and Eve about not touching the Tree of Life. God gives us instructions, and because He is a gentleman, we are not consequenced without first being advised or warned of what will happen. The same goes with his people: If we are called and chosen by Him to bear His name, we are under that same covering- Paul being bit by the snake and unharmed, Pharaoh and the plaques and Israelites’ journey from Egypt, and the judgment that is to come for those that persecute and don’t believe in the Christ.

AND KEEP TALKING THAT MESS THAT’S FINE-
The whole book of Jonah for this one…I could picture Jonah whining and complaining about not wanting to go. Read Jonah 2: Our situations will allow us the time to look up and realize that we got ourselves into this, but only by repenting, submitting and calling on the Lord, can we get out of it.

1 Samuel 17:8 Goliath stood and shouted to the ranks of Israel, "Why do you come out and line up for battle? Am I not a Philistine, and are you not the servants of Saul? Choose a man and have him come down to me.

Now we know what happened to both people in these situations…read on if your skeptical

BUT COULD YOU WALK AND TALK AT THE SAME TIME:
Jonah 3:1-3 Then the word of the LORD came to Jonah a second time: "Go to the great city of Nineveh and proclaim to it the message I give you." Jonah obeyed the word of the LORD and went to Nineveh.

1Samuel 17:50 So David triumphed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone; without a sword in his hand he struck down the Philistine and killed him.

My past pastor (Pastor Rodgers-Hope Community Shoutout) used to say that when he was talking to his son and he told him to do something; he didn’t worry about anything that came out of his mouth as long as his feet were moving. Interpreting this: it doesn’t really matter how much we complain or gripe or whine about an assignment- we still have to carry it out. If it is ordained, we will go through it! God is not a man that He can lie, nor the son of man that He should repent. Job questioned-but he still went through- Jesus even in his flesh form asked for the cup to pass-but He was still obedient to his calling.

STANDING IN THE FRONT YARD:
Genesis 3:23 So the LORD God banished him from the Garden of Eden to work the ground from which he had been taken.

Now, no amount of pleading and begging could get Adam or Pookie (in Beyonce’s video) back in the house once he was put out. Now although for us the story doesn’t end there and we have been redeemed by the blood of the Lamb-the Second Adam-it was still nothing we could do in and of ourselves to get back tight with God.

HOW I’LL NEVER EVER FIND A MAN LIKE YOU, YOU GOT ME TWISTED…I CAN HAVE ANOTHER YOU IN A MINUTE…DON’T YOU EVER FOR A SECOND GET TO THINKIN YOU’RE IRREPLACEABLE:

1Samuel 16:1 The LORD said to Samuel, "How long will you mourn for Saul, since I have rejected him as king over Israel? Fill your horn with oil and be on your way; I am sending you to Jesse of Bethlehem. I have chosen one of his sons to be king."

Joshua 1-3 After the death of Moses the servant of the LORD, the LORD said to Joshua son of Nun, Moses' aide: "Moses my servant is dead. Now then, you and all these people, get ready to cross the Jordan River into the land I am about to give to them—to the Israelites. I will give you every place where you set your foot, as I promised Moses.

GOD DOESN’T NEED YOU OR ME!!! I’LL SAY IT AGAIN! GOD DOESN’T NEED US!!

Now He loves us so much that He bought us back, but yet and still, He will not hesitate to dismiss you-if you refuse to be used for His glory and purpose. Saul was anointed as king but let his lust and disobedience mess things up and he was rejected and replaced in the same sentence. Moses had a similar fate! Although he brought them out of Israel TOWARDS the promise land, he never got to see it, because of his disobedience. Now all that Moses had done for the Lord, and all he gets is ‘Moses my servant is dead, Now then…’ DAWG! I mean, he didn’t get a tear, no mourning, a funeral precession or nothing! I’m just saying…don’t you think he deserved a bit more? Obviously not! Now this is not meant to say that God wasn’t pleased with Moses and had written him out of the Will (in fact, quite the contrary because he got to see the promise land (Mark 9:4 And there appeared before them Elijah and Moses, who were talking with Jesus.- and if you research it this mountain was in the same territory of the Promised Land from Exodus), but it simply states that God’s work is more important than anything else! It takes precedence over everything!
God’s purpose will be accomplished and if you aren’t willing to do it, then there is a David or Joshua that is waiting on the bench to be put in the game. So to end with the beginning-don’t you ever think for a second you’re irreplaceable? Will you give it your all while you’re still in the game, of give your spot up to someone that is just waiting to take your place, and walk into your promise land?

No comments:

Post a Comment